Board meeting 15/10/2015
Prior to the meeting from 20.00 to 20.30. They will leave at 20.30.
Presentation by P Jonckheere (President AOB) and Accountant
- Proposal for meeting in UEMS-house in Belgium for different societies
- Proposal for new regulations and statutes (VZW/ASBL for smaller societies)
- Central secretary for different societies
- Central accountancy for different organizations
1/ Approval of previous board meeting
Flash news on website can be read by anyone.
2/ VAT reglementation for BSCRS and organizing congresses
Report of Marie-José: any progress?
3/ Preparation OB 2015 (P.Evens – G.Sallet– T.Van Doorselaer)
- Final program is on website OB
- “Indications in anterior segment surgery: Pushing the Boundaries”
4/ BSCRS Winter meeting 2016.
23th of january, Ostend
Organizing committee : GS, SR, BD
Venue: Thermae Palace, Ostend
Friday 22th: Golf tournament Friday afternoon
Royal Ostend Golf
Board and speakers dinner
Sat 23th – Scientific program ophthalmologists
9.00 – 10.30 video symposium : “challenges and nightmares”
11.00 – 12.30 “ tricks and tools to prevent challenging cases”
14.00 – 17.00 Afternoon session : ethics with BBO-UPBMO & SOOS
Program nurses and technicians
“Hygiene in ophthalmic practice”
the BSCRS will provide a certification after this education to all participants.
Evening : A social event event together with the industry will be organized
5/ Keratoconus & cross-linking
SOOS responded to AG
- link to BSCRS-day in OB-programm
7/ Eyecare Bachelor
SOOS proposed to start a new “Bachelor in Eyecare “, an education with two directions to choose : “orthoptics or refraction” à to be followed
8/ Extramural surgery
concerning cumulation of nomenclature:
a combination of consultation, IV injection and punction of the anterior chamber is possible.
- ESCRS: Report of meeting of European Council
- BSCRS: registration fee wintermeeting for residents : 50 euro
OBAO seems to be interested in a combined meeting with us.
We received a letter from their president Vincent Qin through BG
- BSCRS Wintermeeting 2017 : Dr Rudy Nuyts proposes a joint meeting : ESCRS+ BSCRS in Maastricht.